February 7, 2010

Animalia

Have you ever heard of Ed Emberley before? Well, he is awesome. He has a series of drawing books for children. I'm hoping that at some point, Costco will have a box set of his stuff. We own this one:

It is pretty fun because it has a little bit of everything: people, animals, landscapes, etc. And we've gotten the fingerprint one from the library before. It is really awesome but it seems like our ink pads are too crappy.

I thought it would be awesome to make a bunch of homemade cards with the fingerprints. You need a really dry ink pad though (like an office one) because the lines in your fingers are what make it. But I digress.

We just got this one from the library and it was great.

All I did was give her some paper, got the markers out and wa-lah! Here are some of our faves:
It started off pretty easy with "Brown Peep" who looks like well just that, a brown Peep (Peep and the Big Wide World).

Then it was time for "Porcupine Party". He was rolling to a party. Apparently that is how porcupines travel.

Then things got a little trickier with "Pelican's First Flight to the Sun" and I mean that because a pelican is harder to draw than a peep and well also tricky because I'm assuming flying to the sun would be hard and dangerous for that matter for a bird.

"Floatin Frog" was tricky too because she had never drawn elaborate legs on a frog before. Lily pads are cool. I bet I'd have a smile like this floating along all day.
I love "Sandy Crab" because she is so happy looking and well the addition of the earrings (in case you couldn't tell) just put her right over the top. She chose this one after the rock crabs that we watched on "The Planet Earth" dvd series. It really is great if you haven't seen it.

This one is a crack up because it is called, "Bootie Elephant". I mean, what can I say except that I shake my head and smile.


And we saved the best for last. This is such a cute giraffe and so realistic. He is "Long Neck". Don't you want him to be your pet in a you could have a zoo animal for a pet kind of world?
Go check out some Ed Emberley's at your library and see what you can come up with!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How come her blog is not in my colours anymore? Sup wit that?