We've been having a lot of fun lately with Chloe trying to spell stuff out. Today she worked most of the afternoon on a present FOR the Easter Bunny. She was telling us how it must be so sad to be the Easter Bunny and give all this stuff to people and never get stuff back. So she made the Easter Bunny a card and a finger puppet. I don't think we've even talked about the Easter Bunny. She is a coo-koo bird. So here is the picture she drew for the Easter Bunny to take. It is called, "Good Luck Easter" (because now she knows how to spell it). The Easter Bunny is in his burrow getting things ready for Easter and that middle section (maypole looking) is the burrow hole and that is the bunny's bed there in the middle.
This was a special project she brought home for us from school. I wonder how many schools are still doing Easter projects. Here's how the conversation went:
Daddy, look at my card I made for you at school.
Oh cute Chloe! Good job. Who is it, you on an Easter egg?
No.
Mommy on an Easter egg?
No, it's Jesus!
But Jesus doesn't have long hair.
Yes he does.
But Jesus doesn't wear a dress (voice falls away)--wait I guess he sort of does.
I wonder how many other kids drew Jesus in kindergarten.
This is our family as Easter animals. I am a lamb, Greg is a duck, Chloe is a chick and Tati is a bunny. These are all inspired from some stuffed animals.
This is our family as a bunch of bunnies. Notice all of them have eyelashes except for one (Greg). Pretty much every afternoon she makes a card for somebody. This one was for Greg. These bunnies are so cute!
So Happy Aster to all of you next week!

3 comments:
Beautiful! My favorites are the animal family and the bunnies!
Sidenote for Julie: Chloe is so innocent with holiday things. We haven't talked about the Easter bunny either, but Emily saw me hiding some Cadbury eggs the other day and I said "uh-oh pretend you didn't see those, they're for a special Easter treat". And she said " It's ok, I already know you're the Easter bunny, that's wierd that a big rabbit would bring kids stuff.". I wanted to laugh but I didn't. I guess a certain big brother has been telling stories...
Wonderful pictures, Chloe, I really enjoy seeing your art work. Jesus does wear a robe and that looks like a dress so you were almost correct. Keep up the good work.
Love you, Grandpa
i'm sorry, but that girl is seriously gifted julie. maybe not in spelling (yet!), but definitely in art. holy moly! did you SEE those bunnies? i couldn't draw bunnies that well and i'm 33. most of the time parents are just kidding themselves when they think their kids are special in some area. and i roll my eyes when they aren't looking and think, 'wait til you have another and they do the same darn thing. you'll wake up then.' but i can honestly say that i think God gave Chloe the gift of art. pretty amazing miss chloe! thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment