November 1, 2009

Kindergarten

Chloe has officially started school now. Here she is on the first day:
She LOVES kindergarten. Everyday she tells me how much she loves it. One of her favorite things to do in school is to color and to draw (surprise, surprise). Honestly I can't keep track of all the drawings she does at school and often times they are on colored paper (which doesn't scan very well), or on scratch paper, or folded up or crumpled because her backpack is too small but I decided to include a few for your enjoyment.

This one is called, “Self-Portrait”.


“I made this at school. This was the first project I brought home from kindergarten. It is a picture of my head.”

I think it is funny to note that since this picture (which I thought was hilarious), she decided that she doesn't like to draw noses on her people drawings anymore. Is there a way to draw noses on people without them looking weird? (No, her teacher isn't retarded, "nom" is "name" in French.)



“Chloe in Kindergarten”


“This is me before my hair-cut. I’m at school in kindergarten.”



“Butterfly Sky”


“This is my butterfly that I drew at school with markers. It is a 3-winged butterfly and it is very pretty."
This comes from a series of butterflies that Chloe has been doing. Most of them have been destroyed by Tati but I love the way she's taking some more liberties with the amount of wings and stuff. You'll also see to come that since starting school herself, many of her drawings have been starting school also.

No comments: